Re: PyCharm

Discussion in 'Python' started by alex23, Oct 15, 2010.

  1. alex23

    alex23 Guest

    Jeffrey Gaynor <> wrote:
    > Certainly give it a shot. The only other IDE I found that was
    > remotely close to it was Komodo which costs a lot more
    > (Jetbrains is offering a 50% off coupon as a promotional offer
    > for a while.)

    I recently tried out PyCharm in anger after something (I forget what)
    in Komodo was bothering me. In Komodo's defence, it supports Perl,
    PHP, Python & Ruby, two of which I use daily, so replacing it would
    require my buying two IDEs: PyCharm & PHPStorm.

    It would just be a damn sight easier if I didn't have to suffer under
    PHP :(
    alex23, Oct 15, 2010

  2. alex23

    Robert H Guest

    On Oct 14, 8:49 pm, alex23 <> wrote:
    > Jeffrey Gaynor <> wrote:
    > > Certainly give it a shot. The only other IDE I found that was
    > > remotely close to it was Komodo which costs a lot more
    > > (Jetbrains is offering a 50% off coupon as a promotional offer
    > > for a while.)

    > I recently tried out PyCharm in anger after something (I forget what)
    > in Komodo was bothering me. In Komodo's defence, it supports Perl,
    > PHP, Python & Ruby, two of which I use daily, so replacing it would
    > require my buying two IDEs: PyCharm & PHPStorm.
    >
    > It would just be a damn sight easier if I didn't have to suffer under
    > PHP :(

    Yes, it is the multi-language support in Komodo that is pushing me
    that way.

    Bob
    Robert H, Oct 15, 2010