Re: PyDev + Eclipse (Was: Re: What's the best IDE?)

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C9ric_Daigneault?=, Oct 27, 2006.

  1. olive wrote:

    > > I'm running PyDev 1.2.4 without completion problem so far.
    > >
    > > Are you up to date ?
    > >
    > > Maybe you should install the latest from scratch.
    > >

    >Yep, I am up to date. As I said, I am totally confused.
    >
    > -- Mike

    I run the latest pydev on both windows and linux... The setup is excatcly the same (on the eclipse, path setup and all)

    My windows setup is much better at auto-complete that the linux setup... In linux, other than with self, I seldom get auto complete on other classes. In windows it sometimes can figure out to what class belong the instance and propose appropriate choices...

    Caus of my present workload I gave up trying to make it work...

    E :D.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C9ric_Daigneault?=, Oct 27, 2006

  2. Éric Daigneault wrote:

    > I run the latest pydev on both windows and linux... The setup is
    > excatcly the same (on the eclipse, path setup and all)
    > My windows setup is much better at auto-complete that the linux
    > setup... In linux, other than with self, I seldom get auto complete on
    > other classes. In windows it sometimes can figure out to what class
    > belong the instance and propose appropriate choices...
    >
    > Caus of my present workload I gave up trying to make it work...
    > E :D.

    Yeah, I have given up, too. I don't really need it, though it would
    have been nice to have because I do not (yet) have a second monitor to
    attach to my workstation for information-browsing... :p

    -- Mike

    Michael B. Trausch, Nov 1, 2006