    From: "andreas" <>
    Newsgroups: comp.lang.python.announce
    To: <>
    Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:14 AM
    Subject: ANN: pyFltk-1.1

    george williams, Feb 22, 2006

  2. george williams

    andreas Guest

    To put it simply, if you think Tkinter is not very easy/simple/fast/...
    (fill in your favourite adjective here) then you might want to try
    pyFltk. It basically helps you to build simple user interfaces from
    Python.

    Regards

    Andreas Held
    http://pyfltk.sourceforge.net

    andreas, Feb 23, 2006

  3. {fixed top-posting}

    george williams wrote:

    > > This is to announce the first official release of pyFltk-1.1,
    > > the Python bindings for the cross platform GUI toolkit fltk-1.1

    > By god this sounds interesting I wish I
    > knew what you are talking about

    fltk (pronounced "full-tick" as in "Cap'n, we're doing warp 9
    and the engines are going full tick!" but not as in, "boy,
    I just checked the dog found one very full tick") is a C++
    GUI toolkit. You would use fltk for writing a GUI desktop
    application. It's like GTK+ or Qt, but much smaller and lighter.

    pyFltk is a Python binding to fltk. That is, so you can use
    fltk from Python instead of from C++.

    ---J

    --
    (remove zeez if demunging email address)

    John M. Gabriele, Feb 23, 2006
  4. george williams

    James Stroud Guest

    george williams wrote:
    > By god this sounds interesting I wish I
    > knew what you are talking about
    > George-- Original Message -----

    This reminds me, whatever happened to the FLWM? It was sweet.

    James Stroud, Feb 24, 2006
  5. george williams

    kpd Guest

    Andreas,

    Congratulations, it's a well polished release.

    For those not familiar with FLTK, there are many examples in the
    Python24/pytfltk/test directory.

    kpd, Feb 24, 2006