Re: PyIrc module

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jp Calderone, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. Jp Calderone

    Jp Calderone Guest

    On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 08:05:17PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
    > On Monday 07 July 2003 15:52, sylvain HELLEGOUARCH wrote:
    > > Hello everyone,
    > >
    > > This is my first message round here :)
    > >
    > > Well, my message is more or less an announcment of my pyirc module for
    > > Python (uh uh surprise this is the right place :)).
    > >
    > > This module tries to implement both RFC 1459 and 2812 about IRC protocol.
    > > I've decided to code my own module as Python has a lack of IRC ones.
    > > Generally speaking, either they are not up-to-date anylonger or they are
    > > written for a specific GUI.
    > >

    > not to downplay your work, but have you looked at Twisted?
    > http://twistedmatrix.com/products/twisted

    Forget Twisted:

    http://python-irclib.sourceforge.net/

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyirclib/

    http://sk.nvg.org/python/irc_uninett/

    http://tarken.lyrical.net/programming/python/irclib_py.php

    http://linux.duke.edu/projects/kibot/contents/doc/kibot/kibot.irclib.html

    But hey, I guess everyone's entitled to write at least one IRC library...

    Jp

    PS - Not to downplay etc

    --
    It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to
    students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential

    Jp Calderone, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Jp Calderone

    Zcam Guest

    Jp Calderone <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 08:05:17PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
    > > On Monday 07 July 2003 15:52, sylvain HELLEGOUARCH wrote:
    > > > Hello everyone,
    > > >
    > > > This is my first message round here :)
    > > >
    > > > Well, my message is more or less an announcment of my pyirc module for
    > > > Python (uh uh surprise this is the right place :)).
    > > >
    > > > This module tries to implement both RFC 1459 and 2812 about IRC protocol.
    > > > I've decided to code my own module as Python has a lack of IRC ones.
    > > > Generally speaking, either they are not up-to-date anylonger or they are
    > > > written for a specific GUI.
    > > >

    > > not to downplay your work, but have you looked at Twisted?
    > > http://twistedmatrix.com/products/twisted
    > >

    > Forget Twisted:
    >
    > http://python-irclib.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyirclib/
    >
    > http://sk.nvg.org/python/irc_uninett/
    >
    > http://tarken.lyrical.net/programming/python/irclib_py.php
    >
    > http://linux.duke.edu/projects/kibot/contents/doc/kibot/kibot.irclib.html
    >
    > But hey, I guess everyone's entitled to write at least one IRC library...
    >
    > Jp
    >
    > PS - Not to downplay etc

    I dont know about Twisted, but the other existing python irc
    implementations do not follow the rfc's specifications (not entirely).

    Nice peace of work Sylvain .

    Zcam, Jul 8, 2003