Re: pylab quick reference? (matplotlib)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Esmail, Apr 22, 2009.

  1. Esmail

    Esmail Guest

    norseman wrote:

    > Just out of curiosity, have you tried:
    >
    > import pylab
    > help(pylab)
    >
    > The next step is to print it,

    Ah .. I didn't know this, great idea. This is what I used to get
    the contents into a file for printing

    python -c 'import pylab; help(pylab)' > pylab.txt

    Thanks,
    Esmail

    Esmail, Apr 22, 2009

  2. Esmail <> writes:

    > norseman wrote:
    >>
    >> Just out of curiosity, have you tried:
    >>
    >> import pylab
    >> help(pylab)
    >>
    >> The next step is to print it,

    > Ah .. I didn't know this, great idea. This is what I used to get
    > the contents into a file for printing
    >
    > python -c 'import pylab; help(pylab)' > pylab.txt

    Do you know pydoc?

    From the (shell) command line, try:

    $ pydoc pylab # piped through less
    $ pydoc pylab > pylab.txt # stored in a file
    $ pydoc -w pylab # Creates a 'pylab.html' file
    wrote pylab.html

    --
    Arnaud
    Arnaud Delobelle, Apr 22, 2009

  3. Esmail

    Esmail Guest

    Arnaud Delobelle wrote:

    >> python -c 'import pylab; help(pylab)' > pylab.txt

    > Do you know pydoc?
    >
    >>From the (shell) command line, try:

    > $ pydoc pylab # piped through less
    > $ pydoc pylab > pylab.txt # stored in a file
    > $ pydoc -w pylab # Creates a 'pylab.html' file
    > wrote pylab.html

    Ah .. and there I thought I'd impress everyone with my python
    command line :)

    I had heard of pydoc before, but am not familiar with (it's on
    my list of Python tools to explore), so many thanks for showing
    me how to get a nice html formatted page.

    Esmail
    Esmail, Apr 23, 2009
  4. Esmail

    Esmail Guest