Re: pylagiarism -- Need help now! Please provide code...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Simon Cropper, Aug 14, 2012.

  1. On 14/08/12 18:19, Peter Otten wrote:
    > Simon Cropper wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Everyone,
    >>
    >> I just had a great idea for a new python module. I haven't bothered
    >> googling it or doing any research.
    >>
    >> I need help putting together some code; today preferably, my boss is on
    >> my back. Can someone please contribute a functioning module showing me
    >> how to do it?
    >>
    >> Once I have all your submissions, I will compile a functioning package,
    >> which I hope to sell. Don't worry, no one will be at risk of being sued,
    >> I don't intend to credit you with the code and you will not know
    >> anything about what I have done because I don't intend to post and
    >> feedback to the list. Licenses are not a problem either, I don't believe
    >> in them and even if you find out I have plagiarized your stuff you have
    >> bub-kiss chance of suing me as I am in another jurisdiction.
    >>
    >> So, now you know where I am coming from, I would like to thank you for
    >> all your help. Remember though, I need help now, so please stop what you
    >> are doing and submit something quickly. I'm waiting...
    >>
    >> Still waiting...
    >>
    >> Hey, stop reading and get on with writing some code, I don't have all day!

    > You're close, but I prefer to help out the guy with the brilliant idea (I
    > know it's brilliant because he says so) who is offering me a fraction of the
    > fortune he is going to make once I've done all the work...

    Peter,

    You are right. Quite remiss of me.

    Anyone willing to contribute money to help with the compilation of the
    code will get a portion of the profits. Just send me your account
    details, name and address; and I will ensure, once I have been paid,
    that I will send you your cut! :)

    --
    Simon
    Simon Cropper, Aug 14, 2012