Re: pylagiarism -- Need help now! Please provide code...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Lawrence, Aug 14, 2012.

  1. On 14/08/2012 10:32, Simon Cropper wrote:
    > On 14/08/12 18:19, Peter Otten wrote:
    >> Simon Cropper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi Everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I just had a great idea for a new python module. I haven't bothered
    >>> googling it or doing any research.
    >>>
    >>> I need help putting together some code; today preferably, my boss is on
    >>> my back. Can someone please contribute a functioning module showing me
    >>> how to do it?
    >>>
    >>> Once I have all your submissions, I will compile a functioning package,
    >>> which I hope to sell. Don't worry, no one will be at risk of being sued,
    >>> I don't intend to credit you with the code and you will not know
    >>> anything about what I have done because I don't intend to post and
    >>> feedback to the list. Licenses are not a problem either, I don't believe
    >>> in them and even if you find out I have plagiarized your stuff you have
    >>> bub-kiss chance of suing me as I am in another jurisdiction.
    >>>
    >>> So, now you know where I am coming from, I would like to thank you for
    >>> all your help. Remember though, I need help now, so please stop what you
    >>> are doing and submit something quickly. I'm waiting...
    >>>
    >>> Still waiting...
    >>>
    >>> Hey, stop reading and get on with writing some code, I don't have all
    >>> day!

    >> You're close, but I prefer to help out the guy with the brilliant idea (I
    >> know it's brilliant because he says so) who is offering me a fraction
    >> of the
    >> fortune he is going to make once I've done all the work...
    >>

    > Peter,
    >
    > You are right. Quite remiss of me.
    >
    > Anyone willing to contribute money to help with the compilation of the
    > code will get a portion of the profits. Just send me your account
    > details, name and address; and I will ensure, once I have been paid,
    > that I will send you your cut! :)

    Password as well just to be sure? Details of your security setup? How
    do I write a Python code snippet to calculate any number in any currency
    times zero?

    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.