Re: pymozilla ([Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3.3 (releasecandidate 1) - custom Py_Initialize())

Discussion in 'Python' started by Wiktor Sadowski, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. [Brad Clements wrote]
    >I'd like to find out more about pymozilla.. It sounds very interesting

    pymozilla is is a proprietary application so I can't share the code.
    It's a modified python.exe with builtin Browser module - Python wrapped
    Gecko engine.
    Custom nsIProtocolHandler and zip-file-system Python module is used to get
    and load files(html,xml,css,images,Python code) from zip
    and to resolve and process all ".py" links and html forms. It's pretty like
    CGI, but no server is required.
    The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without
    installing anything (Mozilla/Python)

    Wiktor

    Wiktor Sadowski, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Wiktor Sadowski

    JZ Guest

    Re: pymozilla ([Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3.3 (release candidate 1) - custom Py_Initialize())

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski"
    <> wrote:

    >The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without
    >installing anything (Mozilla/Python)

    I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite.

    --
    JZ

    JZ, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Wiktor Sadowski

    John J. Lee Guest

    JZ <> writes:

    > On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without
    > >installing anything (Mozilla/Python)

    > I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite.

    What's the problem? Does Python not like having nowhere to save .pyc
    files?

    John

    John J. Lee, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Wiktor Sadowski

    Peter Hansen Guest

    "John J. Lee" wrote:

    > JZ <> writes:
    >
    > > On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without
    > > >installing anything (Mozilla/Python)

    > > I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite.

    > What's the problem? Does Python not like having nowhere to save .pyc
    > files?

    Python has no problem with that. We frequently run code from a CompactFlash
    module with a read-only Linux partition, without .pyc files being written
    and with no related issues.

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Re: pymozilla ([Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3.3 (release candidate 1) - custom Py_Initialize())

    (John J. Lee) wrote in message news:<>...
    > JZ <> writes:
    >
    > > On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without
    > > >installing anything (Mozilla/Python)

    > > I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite.

    > What's the problem? Does Python not like having nowhere to save .pyc
    > files?

    I guess it has something to do with the OCX like component
    architecture of modzilla. OCX must register the components in the
    registry - thats why we only buy pure DLL windows components (aka
    libraries).

    Lothar Scholz, Dec 24, 2003