Re: pyrudp

Discussion in 'Python' started by Michael Torrie, Jan 30, 2013.

  1. On 01/30/2013 10:02 AM, Jorge Alberto Diaz Orozco wrote:
    > I´ve tried it but it´s not reliable. Datagrams can arive disorganised or just not arive.
    > Some programmers said I most use TCP, but I need to use UDP.
    > that´s why I need pyrudp, but I can not find it.

    Excuse me for chuckling, but your complaint that UDP packets can "arive
    disorganised or just not arive" describes exactly what UDP does by
    design! If you need to use UDP then you will have to live with this. I
    always consider UDP to stand for "UNRELIABLE datagram packets." They
    can and do come in any order, or not at all. That's exactly the
    expected behavior of UDP.

    If you want to build a reliable connection on top of UDP you'll have to
    invent some sort of tcp-like protocol that uses UDP packets. An example
    of a real all that does this is openvpn. The Bell Labs Plan 9 RUDP
    protocol is probably what you were shooting for by trying to use the
    non-existent pyrudp code. But I fear you'll have to implement it
    yourself. pyrudp is an empty project on Google Code. The owner
    intended to develop some code but never did.
    Michael Torrie, Jan 30, 2013