Re: [Python 3.3.0] Getting tkinter to work on Python 3

Discussion in 'Python' started by Yves S. Garret, Mar 18, 2013.

  1. I have. This is what I did and the result that I'm seeing.

    $ sudo apt-get install python3-tk
    [sudo] password for ysg:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    python3-tk is already the newest version.
    python3-tk set to manually installed.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
    $ python3
    Python 3.3.0 (default, Mar 11 2013, 15:04:13)
    [GCC 4.5.2] on linux
    >>> import tkinter

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.3/tkinter/__init__.py", line 40, in <module>
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
    ImportError: No module named '_tkinter'

    :-/

    Yves S. Garret, Mar 18, 2013