Re: [Python-Dev] [python-committers] [RELEASED] Python 3.2 rc 1

Discussion in 'Python' started by Senthil Kumaran, Jan 17, 2011.

  1. On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Mark Summerfield <> wrote:
    > Hi Georg,
    >
    > I can't be sure it is a bug, but there is a definite difference of
    > behavior between 3.0/3.1 and 3.2rc1.
    >
    > I can do the relative import with Python 3.0 and 3.1 but not with
    > 3.2rc1:

    Are you sure that the package that you are trying to import is the
    PYTHONPATH of your system's Python 3.0 and Python 3.1
    and Not in RC1? Looks to me a PYTHONPATH problem than a problem with rc1.

    - I tried to recreate the directory structure that you mentioned and
    tried from Graphics.Vector import *
    It failed with ImportError on python3, 3.1 and rc.

    - Just to test the relative imports, I created a directory structure
    as mentioned here: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0328/
    and tried to test the relative import for usecase :- from ..moduleA
    import foo and works fine in rc1.

    - I also find that your use case (from ..Graphics import XPM in
    Graphics/Vector/Svg.py) is not one of the listed ones in PEP-0328.

    --
    Senthil
    Senthil Kumaran, Jan 17, 2011