RE: Python Documentation?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tony Meyer, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. Tony Meyer

    Tony Meyer Guest

    > For functions and whatnot, there's the index of the Library
    > Reference, <http://www.python.org/doc/2.3/lib/genindex.html>.

    Does anyone else wish that there was a link to this from the Global Module
    Index (gmi)? The second most common (after the gmi) thing that I do when
    looking through the docs (a local copy) is go to the gmi, then to any random
    module, then click the index link in the header. Removing the gmi step
    would be great.

    Ok, yes, I could just have a bookmark. But the space is already there, and
    it would make the pages more consistent (the toc link could be there too,
    although I never use it)...

    I can submit a patch/feature request if anyone else agrees that this would
    be a good thing.

    =Tony Meyer

    Tony Meyer, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Tony Meyer wrote:

    >> For functions and whatnot, there's the index of the Library
    >> Reference, <http://www.python.org/doc/2.3/lib/genindex.html>.

    > Does anyone else wish that there was a link to this from the Global Module
    > Index (gmi)? The second most common (after the gmi) thing that I do when
    > looking through the docs (a local copy) is go to the gmi, then to any
    > random
    > module, then click the index link in the header. Removing the gmi step
    > would be great.

    Yes, I would like to have a link from Global Modul Index to the genindex,
    and from doc/index.html to genindex.html, too.

    thomas

    Thomas =?ISO-8859-15?Q?G=FCttler?=, Sep 2, 2003