Re: Python evolution: Unease

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel Bowett, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. Batista, Facundo wrote:

    > [Daniel Bowett]
    >
    > #- Contribute to where on Sourceforge??? Which domentation are
    > #- we talking
    > #- about in general?
    >
    > Suppose you're reading Python documentation. Don't know, for example,
    > os.remove(). There you find that a particular parragraph is difficult
    > to understand. You say "Hey, this could be better written", so you
    > write i a more pedagogic way.
    >
    > After that you go to SF, Python project
    > (http://sourceforge.net/projects/python), and go to Bugs. There, if
    > you are logged in SF, you will see a "Submit new" link. You click on
    > it and you'll see a form to fill.
    >
    > Select some fields (specially bug group in "Documentation") and in
    > "Detailed Description:" you put something like "This particular
    > sentence was difficult to read. Attaching a new way to write it". Of
    > course, then attach the file of your text (if it's short enough you
    > can put it directly in that field).
    >
    > Of course, if you write any NEW documentation about something that is
    > not documented at all, or find some more serious issues with the docs
    > (for example, bad argument count in a function) you can follow the
    > same steps.
    >
    > . Facundo
    >
    > Bitácora De Vuelo: http://www.taniquetil.com.ar/plog
    > PyAr - Python Argentina: http://pyar.decode.com.ar/
    >

    > * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*
    >
    > *_ADVERTENCIA._*
    >
    > *La información contenida en este mensaje y cualquier archivo anexo al
    > mismo, son para uso exclusivo del destinatario y pueden contener
    > información confidencial o propietaria, cuya divulgación es sancionada
    > por la ley.*
    >
    > *Si Ud. No es uno de los destinatarios consignados o la persona
    > responsable de hacer llegar este mensaje a los destinatarios
    > consignados, no está autorizado a divulgar, copiar, distribuir o
    > retener información (o parte de ella) contenida en este mensaje. Por
    > favor notifíquenos respondiendo al remitente, borre el mensaje
    > original y borre las copias (impresas o grabadas en cualquier medio
    > magnético) que pueda haber realizado del mismo.*
    >
    > *Todas las opiniones contenidas en este mail son propias del autor del
    > mensaje y no necesariamente coinciden con las de Telefónica
    > Comunicaciones Personales S.A. o alguna empresa asociada.*
    >
    > *Los mensajes electrónicos pueden ser alterados, motivo por el cual
    > Telefónica Comunicaciones Personales S.A. no aceptará ninguna
    > obligación cualquiera sea el resultante de este mensaje.*
    >
    > *Muchas Gracias.*

    Thanks, typically how long does it take for any documentation to be
    considered and implemented?

    Daniel Bowett, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Daniel Bowett

    Aahz Guest

    In article <>,
    Daniel Bowett <> wrote:

    >Thanks, typically how long does it take for any documentation to be
    >considered and implemented?

    It varies. (I could write a much longer response, but it would boil
    down to the same thing. ;-)
    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    "19. A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming,
    is not worth knowing." --Alan Perlis

    Aahz, Jan 5, 2005