Re: Python for philosophers

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Janssen, May 14, 2013.

  1. Mark Janssen

    Mark Janssen Guest

    On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Citizen Kant <> wrote:
    >I'm making my way to Python (and
    > OOP in general) from a philosophical perspective or point of view and try to
    > set the more global definition of Python's core as an "entity". In order to
    > do that, and following Wittgenstein's indication about that the true meaning
    > of words doesn't reside on dictionaries but in the use that we make of them,
    > the starting question I make to myself about Python is: which is the single
    > and most basic use of Python as the entity it is?

    It is a way to form order from ideas, an *experimental* philosophy.
    One can apply and implement a philosophy, taking it out of the realm
    of ideas and simulate them in the machine.

    > I mean, beside
    > programming, what's the single and most basic result one can expect from
    > "interacting" with it directly (interactive mode)?

    A game of interactions.

    > I roughly came to the
    > idea that Python could be considered as an economic mirror for data, one
    > that mainly mirrors the data the programmer types on its black surface,

    That is called the "editor window" in our world that is displayed on
    an electronic device called a computer display, but in Samael's world
    it is a mirror into our world. He misused it to rape the crown of the
    Hebrew story (found in the Bible).

    > So, would it be legal (true) to define Python's core as an entity that
    > mirrors whatever data one presents to it (or feed it with) showing back the
    > most shortened expression of that data?

    No, that is me, Marcos.
    Tacoma, Washington
    Mark Janssen, May 14, 2013