Re: [Python-Help] idle doesn't work

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ned Deily, Mar 12, 2013.

  1. Ned Deily

    Ned Deily Guest

    In article <>,
    leonardo <> wrote:
    > first of all thanks for trying to help me. the text of my email was the
    > following:
    > i have a mac os x 10.8, i had already python 2.7, i downloaded python
    > 3.3 and active tcl 8.5, but idle and the new version don't work, the
    > answer is:"idle's subprocess didn't make connection or personal firewall
    > is blocking". do you know what can i do ?
    > or can i use other easy editors to program in python?
    >
    > i am frustated cause i can use only the old python 2.7 in the terminal
    > window. python 3.3 has not taken place and idle gives the above
    > mentioned error..

    Try typing the following in a terminal window:

    idle3.3

    or, possibly

    /usr/local/bin/idle3.3

    and see if there is a more useful error message.

    If that doesn't work, try adding -n:

    idle3.3 -n

    --
    Ned Deily,