RE: Python .ico

Discussion in 'Python' started by Robert Brewer, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. Byron wrote:
    > Probably, the main source of resistance is the fact that the
    > makers of Python do not provide a free, RAD (Rapid Application
    > Development) tool that allows users to quickly and easily build
    > GUIs visually, such as Java's Netbeans (www.netbeans.org) or
    > Microsoft's Visual Basic. Most programmers like an easy-to-use
    > RAD that allows users to quickly and easily develop GUI
    > applications. Unfortunately, until Python is able to strongly
    > complete in this area, most companies will continue to believe
    > that Python is mostly a cute, somewhat enabled scripting tool.

    ....which is somewhat ironic, because I find those same "RAD" tools to be
    cute, somewhat enabled tools that don't amount to a hill of beans.

    Robert Brewer
    MIS
    Amor Ministries
    Robert Brewer, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Robert Brewer

    Byron Guest

    Robert Brewer wrote:

    > ...which is somewhat ironic, because I find those same "RAD" tools to be
    > cute, somewhat enabled tools that don't amount to a hill of beans.

    Not everyone prefers to spend five hours trying to build a GUI app via
    text lines. :) Sometimes, it would be greatly preferred to be able to
    "draw" the app and then write code behind it's GUI objects.

    Byron
    ---
    Byron, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Robert Brewer

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:42:14 GMT, Byron <> wrote:
    > Robert Brewer wrote:
    >
    >> ...which is somewhat ironic, because I find those same "RAD" tools to be
    >> cute, somewhat enabled tools that don't amount to a hill of beans.

    > Not everyone prefers to spend five hours trying to build a GUI app via
    > text lines. :) Sometimes, it would be greatly preferred to be able to
    > "draw" the app and then write code behind it's GUI objects.

    People are different. Personally, I'm very text oriented, so don't believe
    such a tool would do much for me. I assume mr Brewer has the same
    "problem".

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@ ''If All Men Were Brothers,
    \X/ algonet.se> Would You Let One Marry Your Sister?''
    Jorgen Grahn, Jul 23, 2004