    'Academic License' which I believe says about this much (as does the Python
    license) and which is compatible with possible donation to PSF.

    Terry J. Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Sep 9, 2005

  2. Terry Reedy

    D H Guest

    Terry Reedy wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >>The module will be public domain.

    > Various lawyers have suggested that either you cannot do that (is US) or
    > that you should not do that. (You know the joke -- ask two lawyers and you
    > get three opinions -- but all depends on your country of residence.)

    Well he can do it, but you are right, it is best not too.
    If anything, using an open source license will encourage people to share
    back any additions or bug fixes they make.
    ANTLR for example was public domain (still is for version 2), but
    switched to BSD for version 3: http://www.antlr.org/license.html

    D H, Sep 11, 2005