    From: MandlaX [mailto:]
    Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 2:34 AM
    Subject: Re: Python mascot? How about a Pythoneer?

    > > The problem with a snake as a mascot is that it is not
    > > anthropomorphic enough. > > So a snake is out.

    > You've never seen an old down-under strip of the simple name

    "Snake",
    > have you <G> Granted, Snake is usually on the receiving end of the
    > damages -- even "Lady Snake" doesn't like him (and how a snake with
    > Dolly Parton appendages moves over the ground I don't want to
    > consider).
    >
    > --

    I have a book of the "Snake" cartoons somewhere. Does he have a website?

    The Python mascot could be non-sexist, too. Think "her" instead of
    "him". (Nothing like some mammalian protruberances to anthropomorphise a
    beastie) - Lady Snake, but more voluptuous, and possessing udders that
    twin calves could live off?

    Surely there must be a way of using such appendages to operate keyboards
    and mice? (Maybe some of the female contributors could do such an
    experiment for a laugh).

    Sorry. Lady Snake just brings out the old letch within ...

    Robert D. Young, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Robert D. Young

    MandlaX Guest

    We're fresh out of those, but I've got a lovely terrier ....
    MandlaX, Oct 28, 2003