Re: Python newbie here! No module named settings

Discussion in 'Python' started by chandraganeshchowdary@gmail.com, Sep 7, 2012.

  1. Guest

    On Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:59:48 PM UTC+5:30, Neeraj Agarwal wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm a newbie to Python and its my 2nd day exploring it.
    >
    > I was trying to use Python wrapper for Google Charts API and was
    > tweaking the examples.
    > https://github.com/gak/pygooglechart/raw/master/examples/pie.py
    >
    > This is the script which I was trying.
    >
    > And the python interpreter gives the following error:
    > import settings
    > ImportError: No module named settings
    >
    > I installed Django as well before this (if its causing the problem,
    > dunno)
    >
    > Please help me.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Neeraj

    hi neeraj,
    I am also experiencing the same problem and in my pygooglechart file i am not having both settings.py and __init__.py file so can you send me the link from where you downloaded api
    Best Regards,
    ganesh
    , Sep 7, 2012

  2. >> I was trying to use Python wrapper for Google Charts API and was
    >> tweaking the examples.
    >> https://github.com/gak/pygooglechart/raw/master/examples/pie.py
    >>
    >> This is the script which I was trying.
    >>
    >> And the python interpreter gives the following error:
    >> import settings
    >> ImportError: No module named settings
    >>
    >> I installed Django as well before this (if its causing the problem,
    >> dunno)

    I searched Google for "django import settings" and found a few links
    that might be helpful.
    Jason Friedman, Sep 8, 2012