Re: Python on Windows

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Golden, Oct 19, 2012.

  1. Tim Golden

    Tim Golden Guest

    [Could I suggest snipping some of the preceding replies unless you're
    referring directly to them? Just leave enough to make the context clear]

    [... attempts to find feedparser module for beginner's tutorial ...]

    On 19/10/2012 15:12, graham wrote:
    > Once again thanks to those that replied.
    >
    > Since I posted, I found a version 4.1 on sourceforge.
    >
    > I guessed/muddled my way through installation and it seems to work.
    >
    > To Tom Golden,
    > Thanks for the link to http://pypi.python.org/pypi/feedparser/ - I
    > couldn't find it and I don't know how you did.

    At least from where I'm standing, it's the second Google result for
    "python feedparser" but in fact I Googled for "PyPI feedparser" because
    I knew that that was the most likely bet.

    > The version at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/feedparser/ is 5.1. Can I
    > simply install 'over the top' of the previous one or do I need to
    > uninstall V4.1?

    You should just be able to over-install. No harm in deleting the
    previous one, but you probably don't need to.

    TJG
    Tim Golden, Oct 19, 2012