Re: python.org CMS

Discussion in 'Python' started by Neil Benn, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Neil Benn

    Neil Benn Guest

    Denis S. Otkidach wrote:

    >On 8 Jun 2004, Aahz wrote:
    >
    >A> The team for www.python.org is taking another crack at
    >A> considering a
    >A> content management system for handling the website's content.
    >A> This is
    >A> particularly important considering, for example, how far
    >A> beind we are in
    >A> posting job ads -- getting the community to do our grunt work
    >A> for us is
    >A> the primary motivator.
    >A>
    ><snip>

    Hello,

    I administer a site (http://www.elrig.org) using postnuke
    (http://www.postnuke.com), it's very easy to use and can be customised
    using PHP. It does have limitations (as do all CMS packages) but it
    really does cut down the amount of time I have to spend mucking around
    with the site.

    Cheers,

    Neil

    --

    Neil Benn
    Senior Automation Engineer

    Tel : +49 (0)351 4173 154
    e-mail :

    Neil Benn, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Neil Benn

    Aahz Guest

    In article <>,
    Neil Benn <> wrote:

    > I administer a site (http://www.elrig.org) using postnuke
    >(http://www.postnuke.com), it's very easy to use and can be customised
    >using PHP. It does have limitations (as do all CMS packages) but it
    >really does cut down the amount of time I have to spend mucking around
    >with the site.

    I'm pretty sure that nobody will be greatly surprised that an unwritten
    criterion was that the solution needs to be Python-based. ;-)
    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    Aahz, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Aahz wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Neil Benn <> wrote:
    >> I administer a site (http://www.elrig.org) using postnuke
    >>(http://www.postnuke.com), it's very easy to use and can be customised
    >>using PHP. It does have limitations (as do all CMS packages) but it
    >>really does cut down the amount of time I have to spend mucking around
    >>with the site.

    > I'm pretty sure that nobody will be greatly surprised that an unwritten
    > criterion was that the solution needs to be Python-based. ;-)

    Speaking as someone who does a middling amount of fiddling with
    python.org as part of the release process, I will be _very_ cranky
    if I have to touch PHP.

    Say no to toy languages.

    Anthony, intolerant.

    --