Re: Python parser problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Dec 13, 2012.

  1. On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 6:12 AM, RCU <> wrote:
    > Dave,
    > Thanks for the reply.
    > The script was originally edited on Windows with proper \r\n endings,

    It's worth noting that many Windows-based editors and interpreters are
    quite happy with \n line endings. You may be able to save yourself
    some trouble by switching everything to Unix newlines.

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Dec 13, 2012

  2. Chris Angelico

    Paul Rudin Guest

    Chris Angelico <> writes:

    > On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 6:12 AM, RCU <> wrote:
    >> Dave,
    >> Thanks for the reply.
    >> The script was originally edited on Windows with proper \r\n endings,

    > It's worth noting that many Windows-based editors and interpreters are
    > quite happy with \n line endings. You may be able to save yourself
    > some trouble by switching everything to Unix newlines.

    .... and in particular emacs for windows works well.

    (holy wars ensue...)
    Paul Rudin, Dec 14, 2012

  3. On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Paul Rudin <> wrote:
    > Chris Angelico <> writes:
    >
    >> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 6:12 AM, RCU <> wrote:
    >>> Dave,
    >>> Thanks for the reply.
    >>> The script was originally edited on Windows with proper \r\n endings,

    >> It's worth noting that many Windows-based editors and interpreters are
    >> quite happy with \n line endings. You may be able to save yourself
    >> some trouble by switching everything to Unix newlines.

    > ... and in particular emacs for windows works well.
    >
    > (holy wars ensue...)

    So do lots of others. In fact, the only editor I've seen that
    consistently fails is Notepad.

    Actually... that sentence stands alone. The only editor I've seen that
    consistently fails is Notepad.

    (holy wars are deflected into heaping scorn on an Acceptable Target)

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Dec 14, 2012