Re: python & postgresql ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Skip Montanaro, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Tom> I'm trying to develop a cross-platform python-gui for a postgresql
    Tom> db. Of course, I need some postgresql-module for python...
    Tom> Pygresql seems the obvious choice, but I'm developing on windows
    Tom> xp. To get pygresql to work I need to compile pygresql with a
    Tom> visual c++ compiler (wich I don't have).

    I think you're going to have to find a way to compile C code on your machine
    (mingw, cygwin, etc) or find a binary distribution of one of the PostgreSQL
    modules. I use psycopg. You should be able to find a binary installer for
    one of the possibilities.

    You could also start development on Linux and when it's good enough, maybe a
    Windows person will step in to help out.

    Skip

    Skip Montanaro, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Skip Montanaro

    Harry George Guest

    Skip Montanaro <> writes:

    > Tom> I'm trying to develop a cross-platform python-gui for a postgresql
    > Tom> db. Of course, I need some postgresql-module for python...
    > Tom> Pygresql seems the obvious choice, but I'm developing on windows
    > Tom> xp. To get pygresql to work I need to compile pygresql with a
    > Tom> visual c++ compiler (wich I don't have).
    >
    > I think you're going to have to find a way to compile C code on your machine
    > (mingw, cygwin, etc) or find a binary distribution of one of the PostgreSQL
    > modules. I use psycopg. You should be able to find a binary installer for
    > one of the possibilities.
    >
    > You could also start development on Linux and when it's good enough, maybe a
    > Windows person will step in to help out.
    >
    > Skip

    pypgsql has binaries for win32 on sourceforge. I haven't used it (I
    use pypgsql on Linux).

    http://pypgsql.sourceforge.net/
    --

    6-6M31 Knowledge Management