Re: [Python] Re: PyPI question, or, maybe I'm just stupid

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Gonnerman, Jul 30, 2012.

  1. On 07/30/2012 04:20 AM, Dieter Maurer wrote:
    > "CHANGES.txt" is not automatically presented.
    > If necessary, you must integrate it into the "long description".
    >
    > However, personally, I am not interested in all the details (typically
    > found in "CHANGES.txt") but some (often implicit) information is
    > sufficient for me: something like "major API change", "minor bug
    > fixes". Thus, think carefully what you put on the overview page.

    I see your point. I'm just lazy, I guess. I already put a description
    of what I've changed into git, so why, I muse, must I also edit the
    overview page separately? I was hoping there was an automatic way that
    "setup.py sdist upload" could handle it for me.

    > I find it very stupid to see several window scrolls of changes for
    > a package but to learn how to install the package, I have to download its
    > source...

    Not sure I get this. The installation procedure for PollyReports is the
    same as for, what, 99% of Python source packages?

    sudo python setup.py install

    What else are you saying I should do?

    -- Chris.

    Chris Gonnerman, Jul 30, 2012