Re: Python should try to displace Java

Discussion in 'Python' started by Istvan Albert, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. still trolling eh,

    but you try too hard and it shows,

    Istvan Albert, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Istvan Albert wrote:
    > still trolling eh,
    >
    > but you try too hard and it shows,

    I asked you not to knee-jerk on what I wrote, but you couldn't do it. So
    welcome to my killfile.

    I didn't expect emotional idealists to handle it, that's why they're
    emotional idealists. Pragmatic engineers can get on with whether the
    strategic analysis has merit or not. I don't know what your corporate
    culture is, sitting in newsgroups plotting the future of a nice open source
    langauge. Maybe you think the whole world runs on volunteerism and good
    vibes. But in the big iron corporate background I come from, people sit
    down and have powwows about what the strategic threats are. You can deny
    the existence of strategic threats all you like, and stay in a comfortable
    universe of engineering merit. That will last until... commercial reality
    washes over you and your career like a tidal wave.

    Do you want to be earning good money on your Python knowledge 10 years from
    now? Then pay attention. I guarantee you that Microsoft has powwows about
    C#, Java, and Python.

    --
    Cheers, www.3DProgrammer.com
    Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

    20% of the world is real.

    Brandon J. Van Every, Aug 12, 2003

  3. > still trolling eh,

    > but you try too hard and it shows,

    I'm new to Python and new to this group, so I'm not familiar with any
    previous discussions that have taken place. All I know about Brandon is what
    he posted in this particular message.

    As someone who has made the wrong bet on strategic directions more than a
    few times in the 35 years that I've been developing software, I found his
    comments, along with Doug's reply, to be interesting and thought-provoking.

    I am being educated here. Is that what trolls do? :)

    -Mike

    Michael Geary, Aug 12, 2003
  4. Istvan Albert

    Cliff Wells Guest

    On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 23:31, Michael Geary wrote:

    > I am being educated here. Is that what trolls do? :)

    Only if you're interested in social engineering.

    --
    Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
    Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)

    Cliff Wells, Aug 12, 2003