Re: Python to Perl transalators

Discussion in 'Python' started by Armin, Mar 17, 2009.

  1. Armin

    Armin Guest

    On Wednesday 18 March 2009 11:01:00 Boris Borcic wrote:
    > Armin wrote:
    > >> <humor>
    > >> Why on earth would you want to? That'd be like translating Shakespeare
    > >> into a bad rap song!
    > >> </humor>

    > > lol, actually I would prefer a rap song over Shakespeare, so your analogy
    > > doesn't work there ;)

    > Why, some people do prefer Perl over Python, so what's wrong with the
    > analogy ?

    That would mostly apply to people who haven't coded in Python for one reason
    or another.

    --
    Armin Moradi
    Armin, Mar 17, 2009

  2. Armin

    Guest

    On Mar 18, 1:32 am, Armin <> wrote:

    > > > lol, actually I would prefer a rap song over Shakespeare, so your analogy
    > > > doesn't work there ;)

    > > Why, some people do prefer Perl over Python, so what's wrong with the
    > > analogy ?

    > > --

    > That would mostly apply to people who haven't coded in Python for one reason
    > or another.
    >
    > --
    > Armin Moradi

    Yes but the people who would prefer the bad rap song to Shakespeare
    would simiarly be the people who haven't read enough Shakespeare ...
    for one reason or another. :p
    , Mar 19, 2009

  3. Armin

    Guest

    Thanks Nick.

    The website content is impressive.

    Thanks
    Agni

    > > > lol, actually I would prefer a rap song over Shakespeare, so your analogy
    > > > doesn't work there ;)

    > > Why, some people do prefer Perl over Python, so what's wrong with the
    > > analogy ?
    > >

    > That would mostly apply to people who haven't coded in Python for one reason
    > or another.

    Perhaps the OP is looking for something like this

    http://pleac.sourceforge.net/pleac_python/index.html

    Which is a sort of Rosetta stone for perl and python ;-)

    (The perl cookbook translated into python.)

    , Mar 19, 2009