Re: Python v PHP: fair comparison?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Chase, Nov 16, 2006.

  1. Tim Chase

    Tim Chase Guest

    Demel, Jeff wrote:
    > Walterbyrd wrote:
    >> Okay, where can I get Python and Apache 2.X for $10 a year?

    > Webfaction.com

    Um, I think you're off by an order of magnitude. Walterbyrd
    asked about $10/*year* and webfaction.com charges $7.50/*month*.
    Well, I suppose if one only needed one and a third months of
    hosting during the course of the year, it might do for ya. ;-)

    I can't say I've come across any hosting places that serve up PHP
    for $10/yr either...the closest I've found is about $3.50/mo
    (which also provides Python CGI).

    -tkc

    Tim Chase, Nov 16, 2006

  2. Tim Chase

    John Bokma Guest

    Tim Chase <> wrote:

    > Demel, Jeff wrote:
    >> Walterbyrd wrote:
    >>> Okay, where can I get Python and Apache 2.X for $10 a year?

    >> Webfaction.com

    > Um, I think you're off by an order of magnitude. Walterbyrd
    > asked about $10/*year* and webfaction.com charges $7.50/*month*.
    > Well, I suppose if one only needed one and a third months of
    > hosting during the course of the year, it might do for ya. ;-)
    >
    > I can't say I've come across any hosting places that serve up PHP
    > for $10/yr either...the closest I've found is about $3.50/mo
    > (which also provides Python CGI).

    hostingforabuck.com, $12/year and I am sure that Python CGI is no problem
    at all.

    --
    John MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
    personal page: http://johnbokma.com/

    John Bokma, Nov 16, 2006

  3. Tim Chase

    walterbyrd Guest

    Tim Chase wrote:

    > I can't say I've come across any hosting places that serve up PHP
    > for $10/yr either...the closest I've found is about $3.50/mo
    > (which also provides Python CGI).

    dollar-hosting.net offers php5 and python 2.3, for $10 a year.
    the-protagonist.net has PHP 4.4 hosting for $10 a year. I'm sure I
    could find more. Both of those sites use Apache 1.3.

    walterbyrd, Nov 16, 2006