Re: Python vs. C#

Discussion in 'Python' started by Samuel Barber, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. "Brandon J. Van Every" <> wrote in message news:<3f357a9b@shknews01>...
    > C# could be glossed as "C++ without the headaches."

    C# is derived from Java. "Java with pointers (and other stuff)" would
    be one way of putting it.

    > Also C#, like Python, has higher level data
    > types built right in.

    It does not. Hash tables, expandable arrays, etc. are provided by the
    standard library.

    Sam

    Samuel Barber, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Samuel Barber wrote:
    > "Brandon J. Van Every" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Also C#, like Python, has higher level data types built right in.

    > It does not. Hash tables, expandable arrays, etc. are provided by the
    > standard library.

    Ok... does this make a big difference, or any difference, in practice? Is
    there something ugly or bad about the C# standard library? I've avoided C++
    STL for years....

    --
    Cheers, www.3DProgrammer.com
    Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA