Re: Python vs PHP

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bruno Desthuilliers, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Ian Bicking wrote:

    (snip)
    > What you should remember when moving away from PHP, is that you no
    > longer have to use the server-page metaphor -- most of your application
    > logic should be in plain Python modules. Then you'll use your PSP (or
    > similar) page to present that code and respond to user input.

    Funny... when using PHP, I personnally write the logic in separate
    modules, and keep the presentation in 'server pages' that call the
    modules and format/print the result...

    I don't see why coding in PHP should be that different from coding in
    Python (except that one of them is a far better language whatsoever...
    Too bad I can't afford Python-powered hosting)

    Bruno
    Bruno Desthuilliers, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Bruno Desthuilliers <> wrote in message news:<>...

    (snip)
    > Too bad I can't afford Python-powered hosting)

    See http://www.34sp.com". I've used them for two years and are
    excellent value at GBP 15.00 per year.

    Graham
    Graham Bloice, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Bruno Desthuilliers

    Andy Todd Guest

    Graham Bloice wrote:
    > Bruno Desthuilliers <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    > (snip)
    >
    >>Too bad I can't afford Python-powered hosting)

    > See http://www.34sp.com". I've used them for two years and are
    > excellent value at GBP 15.00 per year.
    >
    > Graham

    Don't forget the list of hosting providers you can find on the Wiki;

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonHosting

    I'd be suprised if there wasn't someone on there who doesn't fulfil your
    requirements.

    Regards,
    Andy
    From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq - http://www.halfcooked.com/