Re: Python2.3 logging utilities

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Samir Patel wrote:
    > First of all, hats of on logging module in python 2.3.
    > Very elegant...
    >
    > I have 2 questions regarding Handler class in logging:
    > [...]
    > 2. SMTPHandler: Is there any way to send an email
    > where server requires authentication through
    > logconfig.ini file. I send an email message to myself
    > through logging and SMTPHandler and it works perfect,
    > but if I want to send an email to external email
    > address, I can't do it because replying is not allow.
    > I can do it this in a python program by using ehlo and
    > docmd of smtplib object,

    There's no need for such low-level hacks. SMTP AUTH is accessible
    through the login() method of SMTP objects.

    > but how can I do same thing
    > in loggers' config.ini file.

    You can't, currently. You're welcome to submit a patch that provides
    this feature, though :) From a quick glance it should be quite easy to
    implement. While at it, it would make sense to be able to use a
    nonstandard SMTP port as well :)

    -- Gerhard

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Jul 17, 2003