Re: PythonWin hangs when Shift-F5 (stop debug)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bob Gailer, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Bob Gailer

    Bob Gailer Guest

    At 10:49 AM 8/14/2003 -0700, ywsat wrote:

    >Has anyone experienced the problem where PythonWin debugger hangs you
    >stop the debug session?
    >
    >I'm running Windows 2000. Python 2.3.
    >
    >I have to kill it through the task manager each time.

    I've had other conditions that required an End Task, but not what you're
    describing.

    Bob Gailer

    303 442 2625

    ---

    Bob Gailer, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Bob Gailer wrote:
    > At 10:49 AM 8/14/2003 -0700, ywsat wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone experienced the problem where PythonWin debugger hangs you
    >> stop the debug session?
    >>
    >> I'm running Windows 2000. Python 2.3.
    >>
    >> I have to kill it through the task manager each time.

    > I've had other conditions that required an End Task, but not what you're
    > describing.
    >
    > Bob Gailer
    >
    > 303 442 2625

    I've found it better not to end debug session, by using Shift F5
    or by using the "Close" icon on the debug task bar.

    I avoid the End Task, by letting a job run to completion - typically
    an exception during testing.

    Now, if the job is of long duration, a judiciously placed "assert 0"
    can ensure temination at an exception.

    Colin W.

    Colin J. Williams, Aug 15, 2003