Re: PyVISA

Discussion in 'Python' started by eryksun (), Apr 1, 2011.

  1. eryksun ()

    eryksun () Guest

    On Friday, April 1, 2011 3:40:23 PM UTC-4, Manatee wrote:

    > Well, ok, I'll try some of that. But I am running window 7, not Linux.
    > The "sudo" command sounds like Linux.

    Again, there's a win32 exe installer available here:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyvisa/files/PyVISA/1.3/PyVISA-1.3.win32.exe/download

    If your account is a standard user and the installer doesn't load a UAC prompt, you'll probably have to right-click it and choose to "Run as administrator".

    eryksun (), Apr 1, 2011

  2. eryksun ()

    Manatee Guest

    On Apr 1, 4:05 pm, "eryksun ()" <> wrote:
    > On Friday, April 1, 2011 3:40:23 PM UTC-4, Manatee wrote:
    >
    > > Well, ok, I'll try some of that. But I am running window 7, not Linux.
    > > The "sudo" command sounds like Linux.

    > Again, there's a win32 exe installer available here:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyvisa/files/PyVISA/1.3/PyVISA-1.3.wi...
    >
    > If your account is a standard user and the installer doesn't load a UAC prompt, you'll probably have to right-click it and choose to "Run as administrator".

    Aaaaahhhhhh... now we are getting somewhere. I had the wrong version.
    Ok, let me try accessing a simple instrument.

    Manatee, Apr 1, 2011

  3. eryksun ()

    Manatee Guest

    On Apr 1, 4:05 pm, "eryksun ()" <> wrote:
    > On Friday, April 1, 2011 3:40:23 PM UTC-4, Manatee wrote:
    >
    > > Well, ok, I'll try some of that. But I am running window 7, not Linux.
    > > The "sudo" command sounds like Linux.

    > Again, there's a win32 exe installer available here:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyvisa/files/PyVISA/1.3/PyVISA-1.3.wi...
    >
    > If your account is a standard user and the installer doesn't load a UAC prompt, you'll probably have to right-click it and choose to "Run as administrator".

    Ok, I have the correct version. I can run "from visa import *" and get
    no error. How ever when I run this command I get and error:

    My_Instrument = instrument("GPIB::5")

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:/Users/Rivetmr/MyPythonScripts/My_GPIB.py", line 2, in
    <module>
    my_instrument = instrument("GPIB::5")
    File "C:\Python27_32bit\lib\site-packages\pyvisa\visa.py", line 288,
    in instrument
    vpp43.parse_resource(resource_manager.session, resource_name)
    File "C:\Python27_32bit\lib\site-packages\pyvisa\vpp43.py", line
    777, in parse_resource
    byref(interface_board_number))
    File "C:\Python27_32bit\lib\site-packages\pyvisa\vpp43.py", line
    398, in check_status
    raise visa_exceptions.VisaIOError, status
    VisaIOError: VI_ERROR_INTF_NUM_NCONFIG: The interface type is valid
    but the specified interface number is not configured.

    My instrument is on GPIB 5 and I can do a *IDN? with another program
    and get a response. So I must still have something not configured
    correct. Getting closer though :)

    Manatee, Apr 2, 2011