Re: Q. Can you point me to a good example of non-underscored links ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by TJ, Feb 26, 2005.

  1. TJ

    TJ Guest

    On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:10:54 GMT, Jim Jones
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'd like to see a good example, wether tutorial or actual web page you
    >know of, that demonstrates how to make links without the underscore.
    >
    >I have some links on a page, and I made the text -1 in size, and I
    >think the underscore clutters it up.
    >
    >At the same time, I'd like to make the link text to become a different
    >color (and maybe a little 'fatter' if possible).
    >
    >Most important I want to make it non-underlined and change the color
    >of the link text.
    >
    >I believe this is done with a hover command, but am not sure
    >if/when/why is goes before or after the <body> tag.
    >So, if you know of a tutorial that hits on that very subject, great !
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Jim

    Try this style within the link. Go to Page tutor.com Lesson 11 or
    thereabouts - it can also be set globally.

    Send me <A HREF="mailto:"
    STYLE="text-decoration:none">an E-Mail!</A>

    Regards,
    TJ, Feb 26, 2005

  2. TJ

    Kate Guest

    > On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:10:54 GMT, Jim Jones
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I'd like to see a good example, wether tutorial or actual web page you
    > >know of, that demonstrates how to make links without the underscore.
    > >
    > >I have some links on a page, and I made the text -1 in size, and I
    > >think the underscore clutters it up.
    > >
    > >At the same time, I'd like to make the link text to become a different
    > >color (and maybe a little 'fatter' if possible).
    > >
    > >Most important I want to make it non-underlined and change the color
    > >of the link text.
    > >
    > >I believe this is done with a hover command, but am not sure
    > >if/when/why is goes before or after the <body> tag.
    > >So, if you know of a tutorial that hits on that very subject, great !
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >Jim

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...&q=changing link properties&btnG=Search&meta=

    http://www.echoecho.com/csslinks.htm