  1. Guest

    Your question is older than me.
    , Jan 19, 2013

  2. ccc31807 Guest

    Re: How can I create a binary-distribution?

    On Jan 19, 12:06 am, wrote:
    > Your question is older than me.

    I tried to do this, and finally decided to use C.

    Perl is a great language, I use it every day. But one job to which
    it's NOT suited is the creation of stand along executables.

    If you need one of those, use C. If it's a larger project or you need
    graphics, use Java. If you have a client/server environment, use Perl/
    CGI (or similar). If you are in Windows World, use VS. Using Perl for
    this purpose is a lot like buying a Toyota to drive to Jamaica on your
    vacation -- perhaps a great idea once you solve the problem of driving
    underwater.

    CC.
    ccc31807, Jan 24, 2013