Re: [Q] How to specify options for 'setup.py install' by environmentvariable?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Makoto Kuwata, Jun 11, 2012.

  1. On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Ned Deily <> wrote:

    >> Thank you Ned,
    >> but I can't find environment variable name on that page which is
    >> equivarent to '--install-scripts' or other options.

    > Sorry, I wasn't clear.  Using the Distutils config files would be
    > instead of setting environment variables.  For example, you could do
    > something like this:
    >
    > $ cat >$HOME/.pydistutils.cfg <<EOF
    > [install]
    > prefix = local
    > install-scripts = local/bin
    > EOF
    >
    > That will apply globally whenever you run a Distutils script, unless it
    > is overridden by a $PWD/setup.cfg file with an [install] section.

    Thank you Ned, I'm clear.
    You mean that there is no environment variable equivarent to options,
    therefore I should create configuration file of distutils.
    I'll try it. Thank you.

    --
    regards,
    makoto kuwata