Re: Qt Newsgroup

Discussion in 'C++' started by John Smith, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    "Rolf Magnus" <> wrote in message
    > John Smith wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all, I'm thinking about sending a "newgroup" control message in the
    > > alt.* hierarchy for the cross platform C++ toolkit Qt. Traditionally
    > > most news traffic for Qt can be found in comp.os.linux.development.apps
    > > but considering the OS neutrality of Qt this doesnt appear to be

    absolutely suitable.

    > > My feelings are that discussion would be better served if allowed
    > > their own dedicated space away from OS restrictions.
    > >
    > > As of yet I don't have a name in mind, so I welcome any suggestions
    > > and opinions on whether the group is a good idea or not.

    > What about the Qt mailing lists at trolltech?

    No account of mailing lists is taken when
    proposing alt.* newsgroups, evidence of justification
    is sought through counting relevent discusion already existing
    on Usenet, usually via Google groups. At present the
    discussion of Qt on Usenet is spread over several groups:

    comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
    microsoft.public.vstudio.development
    comp.lang.c++
    comp.os.linux.development.apps
    comp.windows.x.kde
    etc...

    An alt.* Qt group would go some way to consolidating
    discussion.

    Do you have any objections to raise, I'm interested in
    opinions from the relevant communities.
    John Smith, Aug 14, 2003