    I am able to ouput to a text file the Unicode numbers (i.e. 0-255), but I cannot get them to show as unicode symbols in notepad... when I cast as (char), before sending, I get the extended set garbled (since only 1 byte for char, 2 for unicode). How do I give the output file unicode encoding?

    I'll keep trying, thanks Catalin...Those classes are hard for me to grasp... got examples, or other ideas?

    --
    Guest, Oct 21, 2004

    Ron Natalie Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks for the help!
    >
    > I am able to ouput to a text file the Unicode numbers (i.e. 0-255)

    There are far more than 256 unicode characters. Extended ascii and
    UNICODE are two different things. Unicode most likely rquires use
    of a wide stream class (wfstream).

    Extended ASCII you can output with a regular fstream most likely.

    (What the encoding of char and wchar_t is depends on the platform).
    Ron Natalie, Oct 21, 2004