Re: Question about inline

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Roy A., Aug 27, 2009.

  1. Roy A.

    Roy A. Guest

    On 27 Aug, 19:47, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
    > I want to have a link pass a value from a field on a form.  I can do
    > this by having the href call a javascript function.  I was wondering if
    > this can be done inline.  The url is
    >
    > www.slgdev.net/test/links.html
    >
    > The "Click with function" works and the "Click with inline" doesn't pass
    > the value.

    Both links works in my browsers. Which browser are you using?

    > I have tried many things to get the inline to work, but have
    > not had success.  Can it be done inline?  If yes, please tell me how?

    Why are you not using a regular form element?

    <form id="the_form" action="foo.php" method="get">
    Text: <input type="text" name="text" />
    <input class="the_link" type="submit" value="Click with button" />
    </form>

    #the_form { display: inline }
    #the_form .the_link { border: none; padding: 0; vertical-align:
    baseline }

    You could also use javascript with an a element to submit the form:

    ()">Click with a element</a>

    Roy A., Aug 27, 2009