Re: Question: MSDE 2000 / Enterprise Manager

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by VB Programmer, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. How can I get my hand on the version of Enterprise Mgr that works with MSDE
    2000? (I need the ability to do replication, maintain dbs, backups, etc...)

    "Kevin Spencer" <> wrote in message
    > MSDE does come with VS.Net. Enterprise Manager does not. However, VS.Net

    has

    VB Programmer, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Don't know. Haven't used MSDE.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Enterprise Manager will work with MSDE without any problem. Because MSDE is
    the MS SQL.
    (Not sure that replication works with MSDE).

    In order to have Enterprise manager you must have a license for MS SQL
    server.
    So basically according to law you can not have Enterprise manager with MSDE.
    There are some tools, from other companies, available for free or small
    charge to replace the Enterprise Manager for MSDE.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Aug 18, 2003
  4. I have been using Ent. Mgr. with MSDE 7 with no problems. Recently someone
    upgraded the MSDE and now I get this error through Ent. Mgr.:
    A connection could not be established to MYMACHINE - You must upgrade your
    SQL Enterprise Mgr and SQL-DMO (SQLOLD) to SQL Server 2000 (SQLDMO) to
    connect to this server.. Please verify SQL Server is running and check your
    SQL Server registration properties and try again.

    1. Any ideas?
    2. Any tools you can recommend that also handle replication and backups? I
    am doing this alot with my current MSDE dbs.
    3. What are the SQL Server 2000 guys typically using, since there's no more
    Enterprise Mgr?

    VB Programmer, Aug 18, 2003