Re: Question re Frames

Discussion in 'HTML' started by dorayme, May 18, 2012.

  1. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Joey@still_Learning.invalid" <Joey@still_Learning.invalid> wrote:

    > I hope this is the correct newsgroup to ask this. If not, I apologize.
    >
    > I launch an external page through a frame. Codes are:
    >
    > Frame page:
    >
    > <FRAMESET cols="100%">
    > <FRAMESET rows="*,699">
    > <FRAME src="frame_head.html" name='frameHead'>
    > <FRAME src="some_url" name='siteIndex'>
    > </FRAMESET>

    Why not just

    ?

    > frame head:

    > some_url has a wrapper div with margin-top:0.

    If it is no space at the top wanted, it is likely BODY on some-url
    that should be styled with no top margin, a mere DIV, even elevated to
    the status of a wrapper, never has any margins set by default.

    > When I launch some_url from my frameset, I want to alter the wrapper style
    > to leave space at the top of the viewport.

    If you have no direct control over some_url's code, you can provide a
    top-padding for what is under your control, namely the second frame in
    your frameset.

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
    <head>
    <title>framset</title>
    ..lower {padding-top: 30px;}
    </head>
    <frameset rows="*,699">
    <frame src="frame_head.html" name='frameHead' id="frameHead">
    <frame class="lower" src="some_url.html" name='siteIndex'
    id="siteIndex">
    </frameset>

    --
    dorayme