RE: Quick and dirty dialogs?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Robert Brewer, May 2, 2005.

  1. wrote:
    > What's the easiest way for a script to throw up simple dialogs such as
    > file select and alerts?
    >
    > I thought there was something in the standard library that didn't need
    > TK and was cross-platform but I can't seem to get my Google-fu working
    > well enough to find it.

    If by "didn't need TK" you mean "I don't want to have to learn Tk", try
    Steve Ferg's EasyGUI:

    http://www.ferg.org/easygui/

    Robert Brewer
    MIS
    Amor Ministries

    Robert Brewer, May 2, 2005

  2. Robert Brewer

    Guest

    By 'not needing TK' I meant 2 things:

    1. Is there a one liner/no brainer as I'm short on time and, yes,
    didn't want to start fiddling with anything new (normally I'd leap at
    the opportunity ;-)

    2. I couldn't remember if TK is installed by default on a vanilla OS X
    install. My script is going to have to run there without very much time
    for testing.

    So. I should have asked specifically about TK on OS X shouldn't I! Does
    anyone happen to know off hand?

    Robert Brewer wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > What's the easiest way for a script to throw up simple dialogs such

    as
    > > file select and alerts?
    > >
    > > I thought there was something in the standard library that didn't

    need
    > > TK and was cross-platform but I can't seem to get my Google-fu

    working
    > > well enough to find it.

    > If by "didn't need TK" you mean "I don't want to have to learn Tk",

    try
    > Steve Ferg's EasyGUI:
    >
    > http://www.ferg.org/easygui/
    >

    > Robert Brewer
    > MIS
    > Amor Ministries

    , May 2, 2005

  3. Robert Brewer

    Guest

    Stopped being lazy and found the TK answer myself. (it needs some extra
    stuff installed. see the macpython site's faq for info). Still be
    interested to know if there is a sem-cross-platform solution to simple
    dialogs that doesn't need TK...

    , May 2, 2005
  4. Harlin Seritt, May 2, 2005