Re: Rating in C

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Eric Sosman, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Eric Sosman

    Eric Sosman Guest

    See http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html

    Eric Sosman, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Eric Sosman

    Alex Guest

    Alan Balmer <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:40:43 -0400, Eric Sosman <>
    > wrote:

    >>Vijay Kumar Zanvar wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> This is my first posting. I have a simple question whose answer, as I found,
    >>> is
    >>> difficult to satisfy the interviewer. The question is:
    >>>
    >>> +ACI-How do you rate yourself in C in the scale of 1 to 10?+ACI-
    >>> (10 is expert expert)

    >> See http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html

    > Interesting reference, but the question here is not the accuracy of
    > self-assessment, but what to tell the interviewer :)

    Why do you think that the interviewer would ask this question
    in the first place? I doubt that the answer would be taken
    verbatim.

    "I'm a 10"
    "Oh, great! You're hired"

    Doesn't happen. Unless, of course, you can prove it.

    A more realistic self-assessment, with an elaboration as to why
    you believe the rating to be accurate, would probably have
    much more positive results (subject to the level of intelligence
    of the interviewer).

    Alex
    Alex, Aug 14, 2003