Re: Re: Managing multiple packages

Discussion in 'Python' started by Thomas Bach, Nov 27, 2012.

  1. Thomas Bach

    Thomas Bach Guest

    On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 07:58:22PM -0600, Evan Driscoll wrote:
    > I'm also pretty confused about the
    > distutils/setuptools/distribute/distutils2 landscape and what the
    > differences are (at least between the first 3) and what their
    > relationships with standard Python are.

    In my opinion packaging in Python is at the moment a disaster. The
    whole distutils/setuptools/whatever confusion is at least one of the
    major sources that this whole topic is so poorly documented and
    obviously violates the Zen of Python. Anyways, I think THEY are
    working on it. [1] is also a bit clarifying.

    Regards,
    Thomas.

    Footnotes:
    [1] http://ziade.org/2010/03/03/the-fate-of-distutils-pycon-summit-packaging-sprint-detailed-report/