Re: reading a list and setting a cookie for posting privilige

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jerry Stuckle, Dec 19, 2008.

  1. Dave Kelly wrote:
    > On my website when a viewer clicks on a navigation link to a certain
    > page, I would like:
    > 1. check if there is a cookie set identifing him
    > 2. if there is to continue to the content of the page.
    > 3. if no cookie is found pull up a page asking for an email address
    > check that address against a list of email address for the
    > membership
    > if is a member set a cookie
    > 4 if not explain that only members can post but everyone can read
    >
    > I am looking for this already done (why reinvent the wheel) Or at
    > least the bits and pieces of code to cobble together this routine.
    >
    > I have been searching the web and found getcookie and setcookie but
    > nothing on parsing/read file/list. What keywords should I be using for
    > this search?
    >
    > TIA
    > Dave

    Most people use a database and a server-side language such as VBScript,
    PHP or Perl for similar actions. Google for scripts in the language you
    want.

    And don't use cookies for security information.

    --
    Remove the "x" from my email address

    Jerry Stuckle, Dec 19, 2008