  1. Egor Bolonev

    Egor Bolonev Guest

    Hello, Suresh!
    You wrote on 3 Jul 2003 13:49:41 -0000:

    SK> Hi,
    SK> I scanned a page of my textbook and stored as a JPEG file. Now
    SK> i want to read a text from the JPEG image which is at some
    SK> location, say from (100,100) to (300,300). How can i read it? I am
    SK> using PIL module for image handling and tkinter. Moreover i am new
    SK> to PIL module. Is it possible to read a text from a JPEG file in
    SK> python/tkinter?

    Do you know what the OCR is?

    [Sorry, skipped]

    With best regards, Egor Bolonev. E-mail: [ru eo en]
    Egor Bolonev, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Egor Bolonev

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Egor Bolonev wrote:

    > [Sorry, skipped]

    That's twice I've seen you use this... what does it mean?
    Peter Hansen, Jul 3, 2003

  3. Egor Bolonev

    Egor Bolonev Guest

    Hello, Peter!
    You wrote on Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:32:45 -0400:

    PH> Egor Bolonev wrote:
    ??>>
    ??>> [Sorry, skipped]
    PH>> That's twice I've seen you use this... what does it mean?

    It's a skipper plugin for Outlook E. I select a redundant text and press the
    Skip button.
    Should I change a label?

    http://www.fidolook.com/

    With best regards, Egor Bolonev. E-mail: [ru eo en]
    Egor Bolonev, Jul 3, 2003
  4. Egor Bolonev

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Egor Bolonev wrote:

    > Hello, Peter!
    > You wrote on Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:32:45 -0400:
    >
    > PH> Egor Bolonev wrote:
    > ??>>
    > ??>> [Sorry, skipped]
    > PH>> That's twice I've seen you use this... what does it mean?
    >
    > It's a skipper plugin for Outlook E. I select a redundant text and press the
    > Skip button.
    > Should I change a label?
    >
    > http://www.fidolook.com/

    I'd suggest either the "[some text omitted]" variant shown in the FAQ,
    or perhaps merely "[snipped]" or (worse, I think) "[skipped]". At least
    remove the "Sorry," part since it is the primary cause of the confusion
    in the first place, but perhaps more importantly, don't leave the
    message in at all if you are snipping an entire section and
    surrounding the "Sorry, skipped" message with your own text: it makes
    it look like you typed the words yourself, and that's the most confusing
    part of all (to me). :)

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Jul 3, 2003