Re: Reading from stdin first, then use curses

Discussion in 'Python' started by Veritatem Ignotam, Sep 4, 2013.

  1. I'd like to bump this. I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and
    had no reply. Here's my question:

    I'm fairly new to python and even newer to curses. Does any one have a
    good solution for how to embed the output of a subprocess (ex.
    subprocess.Popen("htop", stdout=subprocess.PIPE)) into an ncurses
    window? So for example, the terminal window is broken up into quadrants
    and the top right has htop running inside. I'd imagine this would
    involve some kind of terminal emulation as the dimensions of the window
    would need to be queried by htop.

    If anyone could please point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful

    Thanks,

    Ignotus

    Veritatem Ignotam, Sep 4, 2013