Re: Reading memory images into a VHDL testbench

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Arnim, Apr 11, 2009.

  1. Arnim

    Arnim Guest

    > I don't have time
    > to do a thorough job on all of them. It's easy
    > and quick to do something that's *almost* right
    > but, like most things in life, doing it properly
    > costs real work.

    I wouldn't bother with Intel HEX or S-record but focus on one single
    reader implementation. Do only one job but do it right :) There are
    other tools that focus on format conversion, e.g. Srecord:
    http://srecord.sf.net/

    Reads/writes verilog VMEM, HEX, S-record, MIF, and many others (COE's
    missing yet).

    Arnim

    Arnim, Apr 11, 2009