Re: reading Netscape mail folders

Discussion in 'Python' started by Heiko Wundram, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 16:47, wrote:
    > I am attempting to process a number of email files that were copied from
    > Netscape mail users. I am using the email module, but it doesn't seem to
    > adequately determine when an email is multipart. In several instances it
    > refuesed to parse a multi-gig text file as multiple emails. Has anyone
    > tackled this issue before with success? Just point in the right direction
    > and I can read on from there.

    If you're doing what I was doing back then (I changed all my user's
    mail-spool from Netscape Navigator 4.79 to IMAP by resending all mails
    to themselves), you might find the attached script interesting. Anyway,
    it shows how to open the mailbox, and how to iterate over the different
    messages that are in there. I've never had trouble using it with NS-Mail
    mbox Files.

    HTH!

    Heiko.

    Heiko Wundram, Jul 18, 2003