Re: Real-time graphs

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jon Franz, May 13, 2004.

  1. Jon Franz

    Jon Franz Guest

    > Does anyone currently display real-time telemetry using
    > Python? Can anyone provide any suggestions?

    Yes, but with Jython.
    My biggest client-project is a real-time monitoring system
    in Jython with many graphs.
    I previously used JFreeChart, but found it's API to be
    rather cumbersome - I spent more of my development
    time dealing with the API details and extra classes
    then getting actual application logic done. JFreeChart
    is very powerful, and the abstraction only makes it
    more so, but the # of lines it takes to create a simple
    graph got in the way after awhile.

    Recently, I've migrated the application to using JetChart
    from Jinsight (www.jinsight.com) - a commercial alternative.
    I've found JetChart to be easier to use; it also seems to use
    less memory and cpu time than JFreeChart for my
    purposes.

    Your mileage may vary, just my 2 cents.

    ~Jon Franz
    NeuroKode Labs, Makers of PDO