Re: Really Rusty in VHDL...

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Nicholas Paul Collin Gloucester, Apr 6, 2012.

  1. On March 29th, 2012, Matthew Jeschke <> sent:
    |"8 years ago I studied VHDL quite extensively in college. |
    | |
    |Now I've been hired by a small company as their resident expert and |
    |I'm finding I have to relearn everything all over again..." |

    Welcome back!

    |" I'm sure |
    |my mistakes are novice but I'm not even sure where to go for help." |

    This newsgroup is excellent.

    |"[. . .] |
    |[. . .] I'm not sure where else to start. Are there any |
    |good reference books you guys would recommend? |
    | |
    |[. . .]" |

    Read this newsgroup. There are partial archives on the Internet.

    Post to this newsgroup.

    Read the FAQ on

    Read books. Get the latest edition
    of "The Designer's Guide to VHDL" by Peter J. Ashenden:
    WWW.Ashenden.com.Au
    Also read (later) the
    book "VHDL Answers to Frequently Asked Questions"
    by Ben Cohen which is different from the FAQ on
    WWW.VHDL.org/comp.lang.vhdl/
    but is well worth reading.
    Nicholas Paul Collin Gloucester, Apr 6, 2012